DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 08-30-2006 3:34:31 PM

ghoofie
Charter Member
PM  Website

Thank You Comcast (really !!)

Called Comcast to ask if they have any 'incentives' for long time customers of cable and internet. Explained I'm thinking of changing to DSL for deals at $22/mo and am looking in satellite for TV.  So they gave me internet reduced to 22/mo for one year and are giving me one month of free cable and dvr.  It pays to ask !!   I even asked if they had a deal if I agreed to one year...but they just made the change as with any comcast account....cancel/change anytime.

#2 09-08-2006 11:36:17 AM

Brewer247
PM

Re: Thank You Comcast (really !!)

I was inspired by this thread to do the same, and low and behold, I was offered a $20/month reduction on my internet for 1 year.  No expanded service or upgrades, just simply lobbed $20/month off my bill.  Worth the 15 minutes on hold if you ask me.

Sony KDF-55XS955, Motorola DCT-3412, Denon AVR-3805, Denon DVD-2900, Monster HTS-5100 Signature

#3 09-08-2006 5:15:06 PM

ghoofie
Charter Member
PM  Website

I guess they feel the need to compete, but only for those who threaten to leave comcast for DSL.  I have called in the past and they basically could care less. They more/less said  go ahead and change.  But this time they gave me the cost break.
One thing I did different this  time was I didn't threaten to leave, I simply called and asked if they have any incentives for long time customers to entice us to stay. I told the rep I have  been seeing lots of adds for lower DSL rates.

Since we're on the internet subject too in this thread, I keep seeing more and more news about cities coming up with free city-wide wireless access. That is certainly gotten my attention.  One nearby city says they are working on it.

So I'm good for a year now.  We'll see what happens in 12 mos.   smile

Last edited by ghoofie (09-08-2006 5:18:19 PM)

#4 09-13-2006 1:08:54 AM

Patrick
PM

I know a handful of CSRs in the Denver area who have all commented on changes to customer care over the last 2 quarters.  It's not a part of the business I pretend to know anything about, but I do know that the customers who pay on time and stick with it for a while are getting discounted rates when pulling a bait & switch.

Board footer