DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 02-22-2006 9:40:19 PM

tubaguy63
PM

Fifteen Minute Skip a la TiVo?

I am a recent TiVo convert.  I think we can all agree that the Motorola DVR is inferior to TiVo in the software department.  I personally can't stand the slow reactionary timing when pressing a button. 

One of the buttons I miss from TiVo is the fifteen minute skip ahead button.  This is used to skip to the nearest 15 minute interval of the program you are watching.  If you press it enough, it takes you to the end of the recording.  It is especially helpful when watching your favorite team playing poorly and you want to skip the misery of a poor period or quarter.  I know that there are programming suggestions for the remote people have posted on here such as the 30 second skip ahead feature.  Is there anything like this TiVo function that is know to exist for our DVR?

Also, while I am posting a question, does anyone know if there are any hidden DVR setting options?

Thanks!

#2 02-22-2006 9:55:05 PM

SCANPA
Charter Member
PM  Website

Re: Fifteen Minute Skip a la TiVo?

tubaguy63 wrote:

I am a recent TiVo convert.  I think we can all agree that the Motorola DVR is inferior to TiVo in the software department.  I personally can't stand the slow reactionary timing when pressing a button. 

One of the buttons I miss from TiVo is the fifteen minute skip ahead button.  This is used to skip to the nearest 15 minute interval of the program you are watching.  If you press it enough, it takes you to the end of the recording.  It is especially helpful when watching your favorite team playing poorly and you want to skip the misery of a poor period or quarter.  I know that there are programming suggestions for the remote people have posted on here such as the 30 second skip ahead feature.  Is there anything like this TiVo function that is know to exist for our DVR?

Also, while I am posting a question, does anyone know if there are any hidden DVR setting options?

Thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_6412

look under adding a 30 sec. skip

#3 02-23-2006 11:09:05 AM

RobertAlder
PM

Or another link on this Board
http://www.dvrchatter.com/viewtopic.php?id=6

I too am a TIVO expatriate but haven't really missed the 15minute skip ahead.   The super fast forward (hitting FF several times) seems to be satisfactory.  (See, Frank, I do have some flexibility!).

However,  absense of 30 second skip is something else.  But that can be solved. (See above fixes).   I found that repgramming the 6412 HELP button for the 30 skip-ahead feature has worked very well for me. Didn't seem to have much need for whatever the HELP button did before and having the skip-ahead is, of course, pretty essential..

#4 02-23-2006 11:29:21 AM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

RobertAlder wrote:

I too am a TIVO expatriate but haven't really missed the 15minute skip ahead.   The super fast forward (hitting FF several times) seems to be satisfactory.  (See, Frank, I do have some flexibility!).

I had no doubt!

Board footer