DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 12-21-2005 12:41:12 AM

Christine85
PM

VOD freezing?

I'm having a problem with VOD. When I try to access VOD, it freezes up with the screen "one moment please". When I try to press the exit button to get out, nothing happens. Even hitting the power button on the remote and the box itself didn't work. Is this a VOD glitch or something wrong with my box?

#2 12-21-2005 7:31:50 AM

dar
PM

Re: VOD freezing?

Yeah, we've all experienced this one too.  I'm sure its a Comcast issue.  I can't remember what I did but nothing seemed to work either, and then all of a sudden it started to respond to my remote.
Maybe there's more InDemand users at that moment than the server can handle which may cause the hang up.

Mitsubishi WD-52528, Motorola DCT-3416, Denon Recvr, Sony DVD, Panasonic DVD R/VCR, Harmony Remote, KEF Speakers

#3 12-22-2005 1:13:35 AM

Christine85
PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad i'm not the only one that had this problem. I'll wait and see what happens.

#4 12-28-2005 12:46:06 AM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

Probably a totally different situation, but I'm noticing a lot of stuttering during OnDemand programs lately even though my signal levels all check out.

#5 01-03-2006 4:37:45 PM

JayMan
Charter Member
PM

Frank wrote:

Probably a totally different situation, but I'm noticing a lot of stuttering during OnDemand programs lately even though my signal levels all check out.

I've noticed that as well. Also noticed where the color becomes streaked and mized with black & white.
This color issue happens more often on the DCT-2224 than the DCT-6412. Where can I check the signal levels on these STBs?

Thanks,
JayMan

#6 01-03-2006 9:16:02 PM

markjrenna
Charter Member
PM

What happened to OnDemand guy?  OnDemand Servers are local.  and problems can be very localized down to each individual node.  I had an OnDemand problem and had the head of engineering involved.  Needless to say my problem was fixed shortly thereafter.

My point:  A CSR will most likely be unable to help you if have an OnDemand issue.  I had to go higher up to get results.

#7 01-04-2006 12:31:33 AM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

markjrenna wrote:

What happened to OnDemand guy?

I don't know what happened to him.  I was just thinking about it, actually.  I didn't chase him away with my sarcastic remarks like I do some people.

markjrenna wrote:

My point:  A CSR will most likely be unable to help you if have an OnDemand issue.  I had to go higher up to get results.

Probably more appropriate to say...

My point:  A CSR will most likely be unable to help you if have any issue.  I had to go higher up to get results.

#8 04-29-2006 10:12:18 PM

Patrick
PM

markjrenna wrote:

What happened to OnDemand guy?  OnDemand Servers are local.  and problems can be very localized down to each individual node.  I had an OnDemand problem and had the head of engineering involved.  Needless to say my problem was fixed shortly thereafter.

OnDemand guy (I assume you mean moi) has been very InDemand busy the last few months.  New baby, new job, lots of travel: makes for a big time!  I'm still around and I'll try to check in more often.

Board footer