DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 04-01-2009 11:53:01 AM

ghoofie
Charter Member
PM  Website

I had fun with Comcast customer service.

This kind of reminded me of a Seinfeld episode where the cable company is trying to get with Kramer to turn off his 'free' cable channels and he keeps dodging them, giving them a test of what it's like to wait and wait and wait.

So I got the new Comcast DTA's for my non-cable-box TV's. They give you first two for free. Low and behold.. the next day...two more arrived  by mistake. Being the honest Joe I am, I contacted Comcast, via on-line chat.  So the agent said no problem, just return them to my nearest  Comcast store. I said nope. Not my problem, not my time and expense to return them, you pick them up, or notify UPS to pick them up on my porch. 

So the agent said the would send a tech over to pick up the extra ones.  That's when the fun started. First date/time, weekday during work hours.  I said sorry, no one home.  How bout evening ?  So everytime they selected a date/time, I wasn't available.  Finally, how about next  Saturday morning ? I agreed, but only
within a certain time window..then I'm leaving for the day.  So, if they don't show up during that time....oh well.

#2 04-16-2009 7:51:18 PM

ghoofie
Charter Member
PM  Website

Re: I had fun with Comcast customer service.

I just have to finish this story...

So the first Saturday appt. scheduled for Saturday morning... no one showed up (there's a surprise ) in the morning. I left for the afternoon. Got a call on my cell from a Comcast service tech saying he's supposed to
be here shortly. I informed him no one is home now for rest of the day. So he says for me to return boxes to the local office. I said nope. You pick them up. He says he'll reschedule for next Saturday..again I say morning only..got plans for afternoon.

Later that same day, I get a call from Comcast customer service at my home phone. They wanna know when I'm gonna return the extra boxes I got... I tell her she can come and pick them up.  I told her the tech said he'd be back next week.

Next Saturday...no one shows up in morning again. I get a call from a tech in the afternoon. Same story.
We reschedule for following Wednesday, since I'll be home in the MORNING.  Again no one shows..FINALLY,
since I'm going  somewhere nearby the Comcast office, I figure, okay Comcast, you win. I'll drop them off.
Tired of this.  I drive by the office, boxes in hand...THE OFFICE WAS CLOSED !!!!!!!  Just for the day...hmmm..

That evening a Comcast tech shows up at my house.  Asks what kinda a repair he's here for.  GEEZ..  So I handed him the boxes, three weeks after I got them by their mistake.

Board footer