DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 03-23-2009 11:06:37 AM

ghoofie
Charter Member
PM  Website

Changes coming in Comcast 'basic' service

So I got a notice from Comcast saying that in the coming months they are making changes
that will require a digital conversion box for any  basic channels currently about channel 34.
(Which leaves mostly just the local channels).  I called the required number and they explained
that any TV that does not have a digital box will ONLY get channels 2-34.   They have a new
digi upconvert box for the other channels. They will give you TWO for free.  Fortunately I only
need 2 so that works out.   The box is not a digital box that you get when you upgrade your
service to digital packages. So even though you have this new box, you only get the  basic
level service with THAT box.  If you want the digital upgrade, you have to pay for THAT  box.

#2 03-26-2009 5:18:05 PM

ghoofie
Charter Member
PM  Website

Re: Changes coming in Comcast 'basic' service

Got my two 'free' boxes today. They are called a digtital transfer adapter (DTA). Haven't hooked them
up yet, but, oh boy....more wal warts to deal with..yipee !!! They are tiny little boxes and come with a remote control. After installing them, you have to call comcast to activate, or do it on-line.

Board footer