DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 03-13-2009 7:20:25 PM

Wareagle
Charter Member
PM

Stewart vs. Cramer

Frank, did you see Jon Stewart dissect Jim Cramer on The Daily Show 3/12/2009?
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/videos.jhtml

#2 03-13-2009 8:17:12 PM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

Re: Stewart vs. Cramer

I haven't had a chance yet.  I've heard it was brutal.

Stewart is a few years older than me and grew up a town over from where I grew up.  Back in the day we knew a few common people but I never knew him. What I know of him from back then is all negative.  The word narcissist came up frequently, along with a certain euphemism for an exit orifice.

I'll have to take a look.  It's amusing when two huge libs do battle.

#3 03-13-2009 10:59:14 PM

Wareagle
Charter Member
PM

Jon seems like a Seinfeld without all the charm.  He really did a number on Cramer, though.  Cramer didn't even put up a fight.  No doubt I'm a lot more liberal than you, but I try not to let it blind me to the truth.  wink

#4 03-14-2009 1:52:29 AM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

I heard Stewie's big point was that talking about the economy is not a game.  Interesting take from a comedian making sarcastic jokes about world events every day.

Both of 'em can pound sand as far as I'm concerned.

#5 03-14-2009 2:00:01 AM

Wareagle
Charter Member
PM

I think the bigger point was that Cramer has been a co-conspirator in this market debacle.

#6 03-14-2009 9:49:06 AM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

Damn Cramer and all those risky home loans he made to people who could never pay them back.

The larger point to all of this is that anyone who goes after Nobama and Tax-Cheat-Tim "Where's The Banking Crisis Plan" Geithner for their paralysis is obviously an infidel who needs to be taken down in the most harsh, personal and career damaging way possible.

Jim Cramer September 19, 2008 (Dow Opens 10,609.01 Closes 11,019.69)

"The important take-away from today is not Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson or Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Christopher Cox" but that rallies are for selling, Jim Cramer told viewers. Cramer said the astonishing 779-point rally over the past two days can only mean one thing: sell. He advised viewers to spend this weekend evaluating their portfolios so that they are ready to sell their bad stocks on Monday and take profits in the winners. Cramer returned to a selling strategy he's used many times. He said to rank every stock in a portfolio from one to four.

1. The stocks you'd buy right now.
       2. Those you'd buy on a pull-back.
       3. Those you'd sell into strength.
       4. The losers you need to sell right away.

After ranking all the stocks in your portfolio, Cramer advised selling 20% of your portfolio on Monday. He said that there should not be many stocks still ranked "one," after the huge rally the past two days.

Jim Cramer October 6, 2008 (Dow opens 10,322.52 closes 9,955.50):

In what Curry called a “dramatic statement,” Cramer emphatically urged any investor who has money they may need in the next five years tied to stocks to pull their dough out.

“Whatever money you may need for the next five years, please take it out of the stock market right now, this week. I do not believe that you should risk those assets in the stock market right now.”

Still haven't watched it, but I'm betting the elf comedian failed to mention that.

Board footer