DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 01-12-2009 3:39:27 PM

ghoofie
Charter Member
PM  Website

This is kinda cool...

So there has been a bunch of AT&T trucks in the neightborhood doing stuff. I pulled over
and asked one if they were working on Uverse.  Well they are , and expect to have it available
to us in 4-6 weeks. Anyway, I was looking at this on-line chat kinda thing...twitter.com. I ended up talking
to a Comcast employee and was telling him how I thought the DVR is crap, etc etc, yada yada yada.
So he tells me to email this comcast cares address. Just for fun I did...just vented and said I'm bailing and
signing up for Uverse when it arrives.

Next day I get a phone call from someone who identifies himself as an executive level of customer support.
We talk abit.  I tell him my concerns...just generalities.  He calls back the next day and says I am reducing your bill (internet and tv combined) by $40/month for the next 12 months. Just hang on with us and see
how it goes (no time minimum required on my part).

He agreed that the Moto DVRs are pretty crappy.  And he knew that TIVO software for us and a new Panasonic DVR never happened. But he said, with no promises, that Comcast is working on a sling  box  type
of thing so you could watch your recorded shows on other TV's, maybe in a couple of months.   He said they were doing things to compete with Uverse...I'm skeptical..but  AT&T seems to be pumping up the jam..expanding around here quiker than I expected.

Board footer