DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

• Index
  •  » Dear Comcast
  •  » Dear Comcast: Please re-work your disconnect/reconnect procedures

#1 04-30-2008 6:55:08 AM

LowLight21
PM

Dear Comcast: Please re-work your disconnect/reconnect procedures

So we closed on a new house on April 18th.  Had Comcast come out Saturday, April 19th, to do an install.  Half hour after tech arrives, my cable is all up and running.  Wednesday, my wife and I get home from work to notice that we have no cable service whatsoever.  All my neighbors have service, just not us.  I call Comcast explaining that we have a full service interruption.  They create an "all day trouble call", which is apparently the best way to get a tech to your door THAT day.  Tech arrives two hours later, spends five minutes in our LOCKED ped/lockbox and voila, our service is back.  I talk to the tech, and he informs me that a different tech had come out that day to disconnect service due to a request from the previous owner of our home.  Great - one hand didn't talk to the other at Comcast.  No surprise really.

Gets better.  Yesterday, my wife and I get home to find out that, again, we have a full service interruption.  It takes three calls to Customer service to get them to create an "all day trouble call".  Tech arrives three hours later this time, and I immediately go out to the ped to see what the scoop it.  No BS this time.  I'm finding out what happened.  I see him open the ped, and we notice that the line to our house was totally cut, near the ground too.  Not disconnected.... sliced off near the ground.  Tech indicates that one of their "lead technicians" had come out during the day today and disconnected us, again because of the previous home owner's request.  Tech has to re-splice the line, and we're up and running in 10 minutes. 

WTF?

#2 04-30-2008 7:51:59 AM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

Re: Dear Comcast: Please re-work your disconnect/reconnect procedures

Congrats on the new house.

That's really weird.  People move all the time, you'd think they'd have some kind of iron-clad procedure for it.

I hope the matter is closed, but this is Comcast we're talking about.

#3 04-30-2008 4:22:40 PM

LowLight21
PM

Per this thread, I emailed We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com this morning, got a call back within two hours, and was rewarded with two free weeks of service, so I guess they're not speaking all BS regarding this We Can Help email address.

#4 04-30-2008 4:29:01 PM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

Glad I found you some useful info!

#5 04-30-2008 5:14:47 PM

ghoofie
Charter Member
PM  Website

Got to remember that .