DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 02-07-2008 2:19:30 PM

menacedee
PM

Clearing PPV History from used box.

I just purchased a used 6412 and followed the advice from other forums to check that the PPV history is clear (to avoid charges). Anyhow, I used the hard reset method (rewind, MyDVR, MyDVR, MyDVR, Live on remote) via the Diagnostics screen. I see the "Clr" message on the LED and hit "Ok/Select" and this is supposed to clear the memory & presumably the PPV history. I probably waited half an hour to see if the memory cleared and reformatted...went back to Diagnostics menu and nothing's changed. Still shows "STACK LIMIT=12, SHOW COUNT=12, UNSENT=0, UNACK=12". There's also a balance for "DEBIT TOTAL". Can anyone share some knowledge?

#2 02-07-2008 4:28:30 PM

andyross
Charter Member
PM  Website

Re: Clearing PPV History from used box.

That clear is for the DVR portion (recordings, schedules). You can try the Authorization and Factory Reset instead:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use … DVR/Resets

Anyways, I don't see how it would make a difference. Unless 2-way communication wasn't working, they already know what you watched anyways. I don't even think you could order PPV without 2-way communication (at least ordering from the box.)

Sony KV-30XBR910, Sony STR-DB930, Sony DVP-NS55P, JVC HR-S3800U, Motorola DCT-6412, Sony KV-13FS100, OneForAll URC-8910.
Andy's UnEmpty Web Page
How to use a Motorola DVR

#3 02-07-2008 7:45:20 PM

menacedee
PM

andyross wrote:

That clear is for the DVR portion (recordings, schedules). You can try the Authorization and Factory Reset instead:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use … DVR/Resets

Anyways, I don't see how it would make a difference. Unless 2-way communication wasn't working, they already know what you watched anyways. I don't even think you could order PPV without 2-way communication (at least ordering from the box.)

Yeah I forgot to mention that I tried the Authorization/Factory reset also..no luck though. I'll probably have Comcast reset the box on their end...just thought I'd get my hands dirty first!

#4 02-08-2008 8:40:09 AM

jganyard
PM

Comcast won't reset or even authorize the box since you did not obtain it from them.  Unless the one you purchased came from Canada it's highly likely that it's stolen equipment from Comcast or another operator that used the same.

Board footer