DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 11-16-2007 9:54:15 AM

HDJoe
PM  Website

Sony Pulling The Plug On Blu-ray?

Could this be a ray of hope this blasted war will end.

AUDIO/VIDEO REVOLUTION - Sony’s CEO, Howard Stringer, has set off a lot of AV and movie industry speculation that the electronics super power and movie studio may be working to either become format “neutral” or might be working back channels to negotiate a deal to merge the Blu-ray format with the competing HD DVD format.

[ ... ]

More ammunition to the potential end of the format war is that both sides have backed away from their vast promotional campaign in print, on television and on the Internet at the least likely of times.

[ ... ]

The only hope now for merging would be a takeover by combo-format players. For now, expect both to have a strong holiday selling season and grow as Playstation and Xbox did in years past.

I see the last statement being closer to the truth.  Sony and Toshiba both with playes that will play either format.

Last edited by HDJoe (11-16-2007 9:55:51 AM)

cool  My System: Comcast Motorola DCH-3416 HD-DVR (on a APC UPS), Samsung LN-T4065F LCD HD TV (on a APC voltage regulator), Sony DVD Recorder RDR-GX315, Yamaha HTR-5460 Home Theater unit, JBL satellites and sub

#2 11-16-2007 4:19:42 PM

andyross
Charter Member
PM  Website

Re: Sony Pulling The Plug On Blu-ray?

I read somewhere that LG was dropping their multi-format player due to poor sales and other problems.

Sony KV-30XBR910, Sony STR-DB930, Sony DVP-NS55P, JVC HR-S3800U, Motorola DCT-6412, Sony KV-13FS100, OneForAll URC-8910.
Andy's UnEmpty Web Page
How to use a Motorola DVR

Board footer