DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 09-17-2007 9:12:21 AM

rstambo
PM

Transition from Tivo

Hi,

Just received my DCH-3416 from Comcast yesterday and am having a little trouble transitioning from my DirecTivo box.

My major question/concern is how the DCH handels conflicts.  For example, Sunday nights at 9:00pm, lets say there are three shows that I have set a series record for.  One of the three shows re-broadcasts several times later in the week.

My Tivo would not record the show on Sunday, but would record it on Monday or later on that week, assuming no more confilcts.

Does the DCH have the same type of conflict resolution?

Also, I read in one of the FAQ links that the 6412 has a 30 sec skip feature you can enable.  Does the same go for the 3416?

Third, when looking at the setup screen, the display shows model as DCT.  Should it, even though its a DCH?

When in menus, (say three levels seep) how do you back up one level?  I cannot seem to figure this out.  I either exit completely or sometimes the instant replay button works...very frustrating.

Thanks for the help!

#2 09-17-2007 9:58:52 AM

Bobby
Charter Member
PM

Re: Transition from Tivo

rstambo wrote:

Hi,

Just received my DCH-3416 from Comcast yesterday and am having a little trouble transitioning from my DirecTivo box.

My major question/concern is how the DCH handels conflicts.  For example, Sunday nights at 9:00pm, lets say there are three shows that I have set a series record for.  One of the three shows re-broadcasts several times later in the week.

My Tivo would not record the show on Sunday, but would record it on Monday or later on that week, assuming no more confilcts.

Does the DCH have the same type of conflict resolution?

Also, I read in one of the FAQ links that the 6412 has a 30 sec skip feature you can enable.  Does the same go for the 3416?

Third, when looking at the setup screen, the display shows model as DCT.  Should it, even though its a DCH?

When in menus, (say three levels seep) how do you back up one level?  I cannot seem to figure this out.  I either exit completely or sometimes the instant replay button works...very frustrating.

Thanks for the help!

1. I don't think the DCH, or DCT for that matter, will do what you are asking. You will have to set one of those programs on a weekly basis rather than a series record.

2. Yes, you can set the 30 second advance on the 3416.

3. The only difference between the DCT and DCH is the built in Cable Card. I don't think it matters.

4. Simply press the "Last" button to back up.

Yep, I know how to copy and paste form AVS too......  smile

#3 09-18-2007 10:34:39 AM

rstambo
PM

Re: Transition from Tivo

Just wanted to cover the bases...thanks for the info though.
Quite a shock coming from a Tivo (or for that matter, Knoppmyth ans replay too).  Its like the DVR was an afterthought in this box.

Board footer