DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 05-10-2007 7:43:29 AM

ChiTownKaye
PM

DVR vs. DVD

Now that I have the DVR from Comcast - is there a way to connect a DVD player to watch rental movies?

Thanks my smart and helpful friends,
Kaye

#2 05-10-2007 10:10:51 AM

CommTech
PM

Re: DVR vs. DVD

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish.  If you want to watch DVDs, the DVD player simply needs to be connected to your television. It shouldn't have anything to do with your DVR. If you have both your DVD and DVR connected to your TV, you simply need to switch between the inputs on your TV for when you want to watch one or the other.  Just a note, I'm not sure what area you are in, but if you have Video On Demand (Ch. 1), you probably won't need to rent movies anymore, or at least you won't have to drive anywhere farther than your couch to rent.

Comcast Cable Communications Technician - Fresno, CA system

#3 05-10-2007 10:21:00 AM

ghoofie
Charter Member
PM  Website

CommTech wrote:

I'm not sure what area you are in, but if you have Video On Demand (Ch. 1), you probably won't need to rent movies anymore, or at least you won't have to drive anywhere farther than your couch to rent.

We Netflix.

#4 05-10-2007 10:25:14 AM

ChiTownKaye
PM

O.K. dumb here in the Chicagoland area.

I have a Pansonic hdd-dvd recorder and they told me I needed to hook it up to another T.V. - not compatible with the DVR. I don't understand electronics very well - so I'm just asking if I wanted to rent a film cheaper than Pay-per-view - would it be possible to just get a player and hook it up to the DVR???

Stupid in Chicago .......
and my husband is too busy to help me understand what I'm doing (hasn't even looked at the remote yet).
Sorry for such silly questions,

Kaye

Board footer