DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 03-06-2007 2:02:48 PM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

Strange Guide Searching Bug

OK. I generally hate Jazz music, but I started watching the Ken Burns Jazz documentary and got interested in the story.  I saw parts one and two.  Went to see when part 3 would be on.  Went to "Search" and then typed "Jazz" into the search.

Here's the bug...Because "Jazz" is the name of a MusicChoice channel and also the title of it's only program, when you pick it from the search result list you do not get the little "Clock" icon to see "upcoming showings." The clock is not displayed for Music Choice channels.  So you can pick "Jazz" from the search results but there is no way to see past the Music Choice listing to the PBS documentary.

I know the doc is present in the guide, because I scrolled through the channel and saw that part 2 is going to be on again a couple of hours from now.

#2 03-06-2007 2:52:00 PM

Wareagle
Charter Member
PM

Re: Strange Guide Searching Bug

This is a relatively old series (~2000), so the showings are likely to be localized.  If you have the capability of searching by actor or topic, you might try "Burns".  Alternatively, you could scan the near term listings for the PBS channel.

There is a more recent series, Legends of Jazz With Ramsey Lewis, playing these days on the Seattle PBS channel, but I couldn't find anything about Burns' series here.

#3 03-06-2007 4:45:23 PM

jganyard
PM

If you found Part 2 on the Guide for the PBS channel was there a clock icon when you hit the Info button?  Another way would be to go through and view listings by channel from the Menu.

#4 03-06-2007 6:05:55 PM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

My problem wasn't that I couldn't eventually find the show. My problem was that I couldn't find it by searching like I should have been able to.

#5 03-06-2007 6:38:29 PM

Wareagle
Charter Member
PM

Or you could've temporarily set up a series recording based upon the Part 2 episode and looked to see when the next one of the series was scheduled for.  Then you could cancel the series, since you don't use those.   wink

#6 03-06-2007 7:27:07 PM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

Or, I could have used this, the best online program guide I have ever seen, to locate the episodes and then manually schedule them.

Or, I could have just kept on hating everything about Jazz and not be bothered.

Board footer