DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 01-10-2007 5:19:19 PM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

PSA: Check Your Recordings for Tonight

Presidential Address tonight at 9 ET.  Keep in mind that the 6412 records by Time / Channel (at least when you set the programs up manually like I do - don't know how Series Recording works in that respect). 

ABC canned Knights of Prosperity for the night to make time. CBS pushed back their reruns 1/2 hour. NBC cut Deal or No Deal in half.

All of the above applies to Eastern time (philly area). Don't know how other markets / time zones are handling it if the address is in prime time.

#2 01-11-2007 10:18:38 AM

jganyard
PM

Re: PSA: Check Your Recordings for Tonight

My recordings for Knights of Prosperity and In Case of Emergency ended up firing off without a hitch.  I guess the IGuide got updated in time when ABC pushed back the prime time line up by half an hour (I have them as series recordings instead of manual recordings).

Weird thing is that they were both compressed into about 23-24 mins each.  I'm guessing the local affiliate did that (WSB) because they also showed Primetime (I think compressed, didn't watch it) which was on the guide from 10:30-11:30 but the local news started promptly at 11.

I guess the IGuide folks are getting a little quicker at updates?

#3 01-11-2007 10:58:46 AM

Frank
DVR Chatter Honcho
PM  Website

You may want to check what actually got recorded.  Around here, it changed again right before prime time and Knights was set for 9:30-10 with Emergency 10-10:30.  I happened to have ABC on at the time, and Knights started at about 9:25.  I hit record real quick, but had I not been watching I'd have missed the first 5 minutes.  I don't know what happened after that (whether Emergency really did start at 10 or whether it came in at 9:55).

#4 01-11-2007 12:17:35 PM

jganyard
PM

I must not have noticed it being 9:25 since I was watching live.  Emergency did start at 9:55... I stepped away to work on the computer during the first Knights commercial break and came back to watch the rest later and the first five minutes of Emergency was on it's recording...etc.

Board footer