DVR Chatter

Discussing the DCT-6412, Home Theater Devices, Entertainment, Celebrity and the Cable Industry. Not affiliated with any Cable Company, Hardware Manufacturer or Software Developer.

You are not logged in.

-->

#1 11-17-2006 8:51:28 AM

IRC
PM

Why do you hate the San Francisco Bay Area???

You updated the guide today and it had the added benefit of killing every one of your DVR boxes in the entire Bay Area. Now there's no guide, no pause, no rewind, no fast forward, no On Demand, no info, no menu, no MyDVR, nothing.

Why oh why Comcast do you hate us so????

#2 11-17-2006 9:39:04 AM

Bobby
Charter Member
PM

Re: Why do you hate the San Francisco Bay Area???

Maybe not the entire Bay Area, it's working fine in the North Bay and it seems the East Bay as well because Ghoofie has chimed in.

Last edited by Bobby (11-17-2006 9:40:18 AM)

#3 11-17-2006 10:53:55 AM

IRC
PM

Yeah, I read some other posts indicating it was working in other parts of the Bay Area even though Comcast support told me it wasn't. I don't know if I should feel encouraged by this or not. On the one hand with fewer people affected it may be not a huge issue that can be resolved quickly. On the other if fewer people are affected then they may not put many resources into solving the problem.

Either way when the little woman awakes from her cold med induced slumber to find all her recorded programs unavailable and her viewing style cramped I'm going to hear an earful whether I deserve it or not. Nothing worse than having to play nurse to an angry sick woman all day whose main hobby is watching TV.

#4 11-17-2006 12:18:04 PM

ghoofie
Charter Member
PM  Website

Yeah mine is working ok...
BUT... the colors seem a bit different shade than before. They yellow wording is now a kinda mustard color.  I know,  big deal.

But I have all of my recordings...all of my schedules are fine, etc.

I'm in SF Bay Area , but about 40 miles east of SF...

Board footer